Tuesday 9 October 2007

Copenhagen

It was a great visit --- Nobuko and I went to ITU last week.

First night we were roaming around Kongens Nytorv. Then we happened to walk into a placecalled hviids vinstue --- this should be since I kept a card --- and this was a place where a lot of locals are drinking and singing, and the man who looked like an owner is playing a piano.

I may not say he is a master. But he clearly had a musical soul. It was unmistakable.

There are two ladies who were taking care of the place, aperitif is good and food is ample and simple if not exquisite. A basic danish food which is edible. Many locals, as I wrote, and even somehow two local british --- one with a strong welsh accent --- were there, one of whom has his portrait on the wall, I think he is an old customer.

We also have a black singer who roamded into the house, all sang Danish songs and this master with a music spirit, an old man who was fat and bold and not with a great voice but so deeply driven by his inner urge to sing so you cannot help joining (if you knew Danish) it was one of the most welcoming nights we could have in a foreign city.

We can discuss about another restaurant but I will leave it for another occasion.

* * *

By the way Matthew sent me a mail about Physiognomy --- what was it about? Is it a new idea about asynchrony? He did find another asynchrony in communication recently. He is a man of asynchrony. He also calls telephone "telephonum".

So another question: did Romans use telephone?

[added a couple of days later: it turned out that he wrote "teleplenum" which means a conference via telephone, so this is simply my misconception. It also turned out that "telephonum" has some useful meaning but anyway he (nor Romans perhaps) did not use this word.]

* * *

I am currently too occupied with a few absorbing (one of which not so unrelated to scribble) subjects my colleagues and I have been working on so could not proceed with scribble: but Gary is proceeding with the design of 10 subjects --- 10 google docs we share --- at this moment. I will join soon. A basic part of this language will be complete in a close future. Well almost *now*.